Bernard Madoff conned even the most sophisticated of clients, such as Fairfield Greenwich Group, through a simple tactic whenever he was asked probing questions: He refused to answer or he lied..
Source: BloombergÃ‚Â News
Keys: Investing, government, regulation, ethics, law
Questions for discussion:
- What lessons did you learn about risk and investing from this article?
- What roles should government regulatory bodies such as the SEC, play in these situations?
- Who is to blame for the losses incurred by investors?
- What threat of punishment would deter others from conducting such a fraud in the future?
- Is this a worse case of fraud because of the massive size of the funds lost?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.