Penske Automotive Group, owned by racecar legend Roger Penske, will buy GM’s castoff brand.
Keys: Finance, mergers and acquisitions, marketing
Questions for discussion:
- Will the absence of any association between Saturn and GM be a positive or negative influence on Saturn? On GM? Explain your answer.
- Do you think Penske will be able to grow sales of Saturn after the brand is no longer associated with GM?
- How would you recommend Saturn differentiate its brand in the very crowded automobile market?
- Would you appeal to different buyers?
- Would you create any new models?