Google’s Chrome OS isn’t the first operating system to challenge Microsoft Windows’ commanding lead. But it’s got an advantage that other rivals such as Linux lacked: the Web.
Source: CNET News
Keys: Marketing, new product development, new technologies
Questions for discussion:
- Do you think Chrome OS will succeed where others have failed to take significant market share away from Microsoft?
- Ã‚Â Which factors support confidence in GoogleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s potential to succeed and which suggest great difficulty?
- Ã‚Â Which strategies would you suggest to Google if it is to persuade current Window users to switch over to Chrome?
- Ã‚Â What would you recommend to Microsoft if it is to defend its long dominant leadership in this software category?
- Ã‚Â What do you think this product category market will look like in five years Ã¢â‚¬â€œ in terms of the number of competitors, market share, and brands?