Description:Ã‚Â Online video site YouTube is in talks with several major movie studios about renting movies to users by streaming the movies over the Internet according to a person familiar with the talks on Wednesday.
Source: Reuters News
Keys: Marketing, pricing, new product development, technologies
Questions for discussion:
- Do you think this concept of online Ã¢â‚¬Å“video-on-demandÃ¢â‚¬Â will replace regular television and video-store rental businesses?
- Who will likely be the early adopters of this service?
- Do you think a pay-per-view or subscription service would be more attractive to YouTube customers?
- Ã‚Â How would you expect the competition to respond to YouTubeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s entrance into this market?
- Ã‚Â Is television advertising going to fade away? Explain your thinking.