Description:Ã‚Â Algae producers like Algenol — backed by Bill Gates, Exxon Mobil, Dow Chemical and the U.S. government, among others — work with the green plant to convert carbon dioxide and sunlight into biofuel. Steve Gelsi reports.
Source: Marketwatch.com Ã¢â‚¬â€œ video report
Questions for discussion:
- Do you think this sort of technology would be a high risk to investors?
- How would you go about evaluating the price of the stock?
- Does this sort of technology represent any special economic development opportunities for countries with access to sunlight and saltwater, like Florida?
- Does this technology represent any threat to conventional energy producers?
- Would it make sense for conventional energy producers to get involved in this effort?