Description:Ã‚Â The bloody Pullman strike in 1894 spurred the national holiday that recognizes American workers.
Source: CNNMoney.com Ã¢â‚¬â€œ video report
Questions for discussion:Ã‚Â
- Summarize the historical successes of organized labor that are highlighted in the video.
- Why do you think the general public is often critical of organized labor?
- Do you believe there is a problem inÃ‚Â because some unionized workers enjoy better benefits than others?
- How can the gap between benefits enjoyed by unionized and non-unionized workers be closed?
- What role is there for governments?