Description:Ã‚Â The owners of Yoplait, the French yogurt maker, said Friday that they were in exclusive negotiations with the companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s longtime American partner, General Mills, to sell just over a 50 percent stake for about 800 million euros ($1.1 billion).
Questions for discussion:Ã‚Â
- Do you think that General Mills would have made this offer if the licensing agreement wasnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t an issue?
- Do you think they might be over-paying because of the circumstances?
- What alternatives are available to both firms?
- Would you be following this strategy?
- Would you be a buyer of the company stock today?