Description: Bob Iger, less than 24 hours after returning to the helm of Disney, told employees Monday that the company would be undergoing a restructuring in coming weeks. One of the first steps, Iger announced, would be the departure of Kareem Daniel, the company’s head of media and entertainment, and right hand to now-departed CEO Bob Chapek.
Source: CNBC.com – video report
Date: Nov 21, 2022
Questions for discussion:
- How has the organization been reset by Iger?
- Do you think Iger’s changes and his reasons given make sense?
- Why do you believe Disney was in financial trouble?
- Do you believe the actions taken by Chapek were on track for success if given time?
- What would you advise the firm do today?