Description:Ã‚Â Estimates are that nearly one out of two tomatoes eaten in the United States comes from Mexico Ã¢â‚¬â€ a statisticÃ‚Â Florida growers would like to change, even at the risk of a trade war.
Date: Sep 27, 2012
Questions for Discussions:
- Summarize the issues related to this situation.
- What are the reasons for the problem?
- Who are the winners and losers at the moment?
- Why would the US government favor lower priced tomato imports?
- How do you think this conflict will be resolved?