Description:Ã‚Â China in recent years established global dominance in renewable energy, its solar panel and wind turbine factories forcing many foreign rivals out of business and its policy makers hailed by environmentalists around the world as visionaries.
Date: Oct 04, 2012
Questions for Discussions:
- What happened to ChinaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s solar panel industry?
- Why did overcapacity develop?
- How will this industry adjust to correct for overcapacity?
- Was this industry affected by the economic forces of supply and demand any differently because it was in China?
- What lessons are there here for governments, businesspeople and investors?