Description: The new Smart fortwo EV doesn’t burn gas but an 85-mile range means frequent recharging.
Source: CNNMoney.com – video report
Questions for discussion:
- Why do you think the car will only be available for leasing and not for sale?
- Why do you think the majority of leases will be offered to corporate drivers rather than consumers?
- Who do you think is the target market for this car in each segment?
- Do you think the price is “right” given that the car does not involve the purchase of gasoline?
- How much “value” should the company attach to this fact?
- How important is the “social responsibility” factor in this situation for both the company as well as the customer?